Something Wicked This Way Comes: PenTesting Your Environment w/Chad Peterson of NetSPI
On this episode, Perry sits down with Chad Peterson, Managing Director at NetSPI, to discuss the importance of penetration testing. We touch on aspects of social engineering, discussing complex security issues with Boards of Directors, the prevalence of Ransomware, and some of the unique challenges facing the healthcare industry.
Books & References (Books are Amazon Associate links)
- CISO Desk Reference Guide: A Practical Guide for CISOs by Bill Bonney, Gary Hayslip, & Matt Stamper
- Penetration Testing: A Hands-On Introduction to Hacking by Georgia Weidman
- Practical Social Engineering: A Primer for the Ethical Hacker by Joe Gray
- Ransomware Protection Playbook by Roger Grimes
- The Smartest Person in the Room: The Root Cause and New Solution for Cybersecurity by Christian Espinosa
Perry's Books (Amazon Associate links)
- Transformational Security Awareness: What Neuroscientists, Storytellers, and Marketers Can Teach Us About Driving Secure Behaviors, by Perry Carpenter
- The Security Culture Playbook: An Executive Guide To Reducing Risk and Developing Your Human Defense Layer by Perry Carpenter & Kai Roer
Perry's new show, Digital Folklore kicked-off Jan 16, 2023. It's all about the oddities and importance of online culture. Check out the website (https://digitalfolklore.fm/) to see our custom artwork, subscribe to the newsletter, check out our merch, Patreon, and more. Want to check out what others are saying? Here's some recent press about the show: https://digitalfolklore.fm/in-the-news
8Li cover art by Chris Machowski @ https://www.RansomWear.net/.
8th Layer Insights theme music composed and performed by Marcos Moscat @ https://www.GameMusicTown.com/