The Human Side of Hybrid Work with Amy Coleman
Behind all the innovations at Microsoft are teams of incredibly talented people - over 100,000 incredibly talented people to be exact - spread across 100 countries. With such a large workforce, it was no small feat for Microsoft to pivot into remote work when the pandemic began. Following the transition, discussions have examined how these changes impacted the business and affected the bottom line, but at the forefront of many conversations is the focus on the human element.
In this episode, host Bret Arsenault is joined by Amy Coleman, Microsoft’s Corporate Vice President, Human Resources & Corporate Functions. Amy talks with Bret about her unique perspective of the corporate landscape, how she’s been able to foster success for the hundreds of thousands of employees she oversees, and what she’s learned by being a member of Microsoft’s Covid Response Team.
In This Episode You Will Learn:
- Why coming back to the office may work better in stages
- How HR looks through the noise in surveys and analytics to find employee sentiment
- Amy’s first three steps in putting together a hybrid plan for the workplace
Some Questions We Ask:
- How do you create a return-to-office plan that works for over 100,000 people?
- How is Microsoft looking at the future of work?
- How should managers be trained for this new future of work?
Listen to: Afternoon Cyber Tea with Ann Johnson
Listen to: Security Unlocked
Discover and follow other Microsoft podcasts at microsoft.com/podcasts
Security Unlocked: CISO Series with Bret Arsenault is produced by Microsoft and distributed as part of The CyberWire Network.